co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Things I Can't Live Without...

I'm keenly aware that some of these could be classified as "obsessions." They are in no particular order, and the list is, at best, incomplete...

*** Sweet 'n Low (And, no, it doesn't cause cancer in humans!)

*** My Friends & Family

***

***
Celebrity gossip

*** My iPod mini (Is this iCopulate thing for real?? I don't want my mini getting date raped!)

*** Mind-altering substances, including Mike's (cool Web site, to boot!)

*** Diet Rock Star (which alleviates unwanted after-effects of the previous)

*** My nephews, Benjamin and Eli:




*** My cell phone--duh (although, believe me, fate seems to want me to live w/out it, as I lose my phone more than anyone I know!)


*** Good n Plenty and Kookaburra Licorice from Australia

*** Movies (I am obsessed for sure, especially with great movie quotes!)

*** Money!! Seriously, someone hook me up w/ a j-o-b!! ;)

To be continued...

16 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 8:23 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger DCSportsChick said…

    I never understood the Good 'N Plenty thing. I always hated the taste of black licorice (strawberry Twizzlers on the other hand, and not those pull 'n peel crap ones, rock), so I guess that's why I don't get it; too bad, I always liked the old '60s G&P ads when I'd see them on classic TV shows. The mini iPod obsession, however, is totally understandable.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Love me some Pull n' Peel, which are cherry flavored, but the regular Twizzlers, which are strawberry, have no flavor whatsoever. Long live Pull & Peel!!

    (By the way....black licorice is something one either LOVES or HATES!)

     
  • At 8:55 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Stephanie said…

    This is a great blog! I will stop back again soon!

     
  • At 11:13 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Miss Penny:

    I am glad I am not the only one addicted to Page Six gossip in the New York Post.

    As for black licorice: There was a study done a few years ago by The Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation that found the most compelling smell combinations in terms of male sensual arousal were lavender and pumpkin pie, followed by donuts and...black licorice. The next time you are at the movies, crack open your Good N' Plenty's, snap one in half and hold it under his nose like amyl nitrate. ;)

    http://www.scienceofsmell.com/
    scienceofsmell/index.cfm?action=completedsexual


    P.S. I am thinking seriously of transferring my existent AOL Journal Blog over to Blogger.com I registered for the first time tonight as Washington Cube, which is also allowing me to post on your page. Love your blog, Miss Lane.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    No Chocolate in your "things I cant live without"?

    I know, I'm an odd girl. My sister and my mom are obsessed w/ the stuff, but I am more in love with vanilla flavored stuff.

    Sara-- BOTH, of course! I am genuinely obsessed with that damn show.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    I like your blog! And I too can't go without my re-runs of Friends!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, August 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What is it all about,Alfie?

     
  • At 12:17 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger DCSportsChick said…

    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :-)

     
  • At 12:42 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Agreed!

     
  • At 3:23 PM, August 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't comment on the iPod thing because they are frowned upon where I work.

    I can't live without cheese.

     
  • At 8:11 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Chase--thanks for playing us THREE of The Chef's favorite songs. It made our ride so much more fun!

    xoxo

     
  • At 9:57 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    Just saw "Wedding Crashers" tonight (filmed in D.C.). I give it a thumbs up if only for Vince Vaughn returning to the 'Trent' formula that worked for him so well in Swingers and a great cameo by Will Ferrell.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    I had dinner tonight in Annapolis, Phil, and I picked up some more Wedding Crashers trivia. Christopher Walken's boat, "The Windchaser," is normally docked in Ego Alley (the marina) outside of where the Marriott Hotel has their terraced restaurant.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, August 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No worries, MPL...it was my pleasure! :-)

     
  • At 12:15 PM, August 06, 2005, Blogger facade said…

    one of the best sharings ive encountered...love your wit and bite.......for me, live music, silly ass friends, especially if i am the des driver, out for an evening of dancing and being fools....travel.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger mckay said…

    we must be soul sisters, as i LOVE black licorice... although twizzlers don't hold a shine to red vines.


    ...and i'm off to bath and body works to buy a pumpkin scented candle ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home