co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

message to angela in holland....

what can i tell ya? i'm 12 weeks, due early june. i am almost 100% sure when this happened, but because I NEVER HAVE A PERIOD (!!!!!) the dr won't say my due date for sure until next week's appt. lemme tell you, i'm pretty sure we conceived sept 11. that makes me due june 3 or 4.

i started to wonder if this could really be possible when my boobs hurt for over 3 weeks. on a whim, i took the test. twice. and here we are! SURPRISE!!!

this part is really fucking annoying, because SOME people know i'm preggers, but for those who don't, i just look FAT or like i spent my measly preschool salary reversing my breast reduction! i can't wait to look pregnant!! when does that happen?!

the really fun fun part of this delightful surprise is that the mother carrying the fetus has no health insurance. yep. i have CATASTROPHIC coverage only. nothing else. i'm thinking my friends at Discovery should do a reality show based on my life in 10 years going from a relatively wealthy, unhappily married woman who couldn't have kids, to a 39 year old who has never been happier in her life, had totally written off ever having children of her own, and has no money or health insurance when she discovers she's pregnant. let's call it "oh, penny lane...."

:) we're super excited, and counting on everything going well!!!! not prepared for anything else.... happy thoughts!!!!

xo

mpl

2 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 9:57 PM, December 26, 2010, Blogger layzeesusan said…

    Paula-

    Woah! Must be something in the ice cream/sparkling water/crust/beer lines @ 2Amys. Hearty congrats. We'll look for you at the restaurant one of these days.

    -Judd, Sonja, and Nora

     
  • At 4:08 PM, December 27, 2010, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    THANKS, guys!!!! Due date is actually June 23rd, so just over 14 weeks now. Yeah, I'm sure 2Amys has something in the water!! I look fwd to seeing you guys & hearing about little Nora. I have a Nora in my preschool class & she's not only SO cute & smart, but also hilarious. :)

    xop

     

Post a Comment

<< Home