co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Top 6 Signs It Is Time to Get Cable

1) Miss Teen USA Pageant
2) Renovate My Family
3) Hall of Fame football game
4) Two and a Half Men
5) Half and Half
6) Summerland

Need I say more?!

15 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 10:51 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Lucy said…

    Yeah, network TV pretty much sucks, huh?? I do like CSI and Medium, though, and those are pretty much the only shows I'm actually home to see. If I got cable, I know I'd never leave the house!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    There are plenty of good network shows, just not a single one on Monday! Erg!

     
  • At 12:31 PM, August 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, TBS does show back-to-back Family Guy at 10pm on Mondays...so that is pretty sweet!

     
  • At 1:18 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    WB 50 is starting Sex & the City 5 days a week in September! Woo-hoo! One more point for network TV.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    Props to Family Guy - for years I considered it a cheap knock off of the Simpsons, but recently started watching and love it. I watch it on the cartoon network's "adult swim". Also enjoy Aqua Teen Hunger Force & Robot Chicken.

    Other than that, I watch Seinfeld reruns, Cops (still one of the best shows ever, in my opinion), Entourage on HBO, and any show where there is a possibility for unintentional comedy, like Evander Holyfield on Dancing With The Stars.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    I'm all about Friends and That 70s Show. The first seasons of both are the worst. That is probably the case for every show that lasts a long time, as the characters are way too over-the-top compared to how they end up developing in later seasons.

     
  • At 3:53 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    I would argue that Friends went over the top with their characters in the last couple of seasons as well.

    They really developed nicely when the show was at its peak, but then they kind of became parodies of themselves at the very end, seemed to me.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Them's fightin' words, Phil...

     
  • At 6:59 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger RHB said…

    Summer TV is terrible isn't it?

    Cable is respobsible for crap like "Battle of the Network Reality Stars" ahhhhhhhhhhh. Someone please kill me.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    I liked Friends a lot, but I actually stopped watching it the last 2 seasons (I watched the finale, of course).

     
  • At 10:31 AM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Lucy said…

    Well, Medium is on at 10 pm on Mondays, and I like it a lot. But I like that spooky shit!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Lucy--I love Medium, but this past Monday, The Teen USA Pageant was on. Uch!

     
  • At 8:11 PM, August 11, 2005, Blogger Asian Mistress said…

    Haha we watched Miss Teen USA - bits & pieces...those girls weren't even that cute! Haha.

    I wonder how much WB will cut from S&TC?

    MPL - soon The Biggest Loser will be on and other more quality programming. Haha. And also soon Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy will return. Never fear!

     
  • At 7:50 PM, August 12, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    I'm excited for "Reunion." I hope it's good...

     
  • At 12:17 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Yeah, I have NetFlix, but I am not consistent enough about watching the movies, so they actually make $$ off of me...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home