co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Live from Martha's Vineyard, Part 2

Yesterday was quite the full day. I had some solitude in the morning as I took a bike ride over to Oak Bluffs. The houses in the photo are all over Oak Bluffs (read about Oak Bluffs). Since OB is one of only 2 towns in MV that aren't dry, a lot of the younger people tend to stay in that area. Lots of head-shops and night clubs. (By the way, most restaurants in the dry towns allow BYO.)

For lunch, the whole gang headed out to Menemsha (a fishing village in Chilmark), where I saw the largest lobsters I have ever seen in my life (photos will be developed when I get home, as I have an "old fashioned" camera up here). We tore into three freshly caught and steamed crustaceans,
seaweed salad, and gazpacho.



Later on, I headed out for another bike ride to the beach on the Nantucket Sound. I finally made it into the water! I have been coming here for years and rarely get all the way in the ocean b/c it is so damn cold. The Sound is a lot warmer, and since I was hot from the bike ride, I got in and swam. It was GREAT! There was no one else around (just like in the photo), so I started to get worried about Jaws, so I headed back onto the bike...

After a mellow dinner on the deck, many beers, and a long IM session with The Chef, I finally crashed much too late...

2 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

Post a Comment

<< Home