co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I Need Help



FU**!!!! FU**!!!! FU**!!!! I had to work last night, and we forgot to set the VCR to tape (we're old-fashioned that way--no TiVo), so we missed both My Name is Earl and The Office. Chase said they were hysterical. I am bummed! So, who out there TiVo'd or taped the shows and wants to help a sister out?

17 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 12:21 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    MPL - I TiVo'd them both and haven't watched (or deleted!) yet - but I don't have TiVo hooked up to the VCR. Not sure how I can help you see them. :(

     
  • At 1:10 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    I was a little disappointed in Earl.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Damn, KO! Well, we'll figure something out.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    I think it's simply a matter of me making the proper connection from TiVo to VCR. They are both properly connected to the TV, but not each other. There's even a "transfer to VCR" option. It can be done.

    Maybe I will figure it out in time for the next happy hour and bribe you to come with the tapes. Of course, by that time, you will have had the chance to see a few other episodes.

    I'd invite you over for a viewing party this weekend, but I'm outta town again. :)

     
  • At 1:38 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    You need to buy stock in Amtrak! You're lucky the dude didn't live in West Virginia! You lucked out with NYC (and w/ MM, too!).

     
  • At 1:47 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    MPL, you're funny. Before MM went to NYC, we were at a charity event with a raffle. One of the Ticket Ladies was telling us about the prizes, and he asked, "is one of them perhaps stock in Amtrak?" She was very confused.

    (And yes, I'm lucky. So are you! Jealous of your furniture collection... meals... etc.)

     
  • At 5:21 PM, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How were you disappointed, Phil? My name is Earl, was hilarious! I laughed my ass off! What didn't you like?

     
  • At 6:19 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Yes, the food and furniture are great perks, but the fact that he makes me laugh my ass off many times a day is what really turns me on about The Chef/M.C. Master Carpenter. PLUS, he puts up with me, and has a really fantastic ass, so therewego!

     
  • At 9:44 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Asian Mistress said…

    I have DVR and I *think* I can transfer it onto a tape...

    If you ever need anything else! :)

     
  • At 11:35 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Oh, AM, you are my new bitch...

     
  • At 9:04 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said…

    Jason Lee a skateboarder discovered by Kevin Smith www.viewaskew.com check it out...

     
  • At 9:08 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    I couldn't exactly put a finger on it, Chase. It just didn't hit me as being that funny.

    I think I have a problem with Earl's brother, who is played by the guy I believe was the former fat kid in "Remember the Titans" and "Varsity Blues" and, well, every fat kid role prior to this. I just can't see him in a sitcom. I never thought he was funny before, and now it bugs me that he's lost all this weight and the whole time I'm watching I'm thinking "I can't believe that's the fat kid from Remember The Titans!"

    I will give Earl another shot next week, but it is teetering on the edge for me.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Crazy Girl City said…

    I loved The Office. I watched it last year too, but I think it will get more publicity because of the success of 40 Year Old Virgin this summer.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Pagan Marbury said…

    You're in luck! The Earl pilot episode comes on two more times in the coming weeks. It comes on Monday the 26th at midnight (I guess that's Sunday night) on Bravo and then NBC is showing it again Saturday October 1. I don't know if they are doing this for all the episodes. The Office was painful, but I guess fans of the show like it that way. Bravo is also showing this episode at 12:30 am on Monday. Enjoy!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    no cable, but i'll check out the october 1 replay on NBC.

     
  • At 11:43 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Pagan Marbury said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:45 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Pagan Marbury said…

    You're welcome. I wish I could download them from my TiVo, but I don't have the software.

    On my blog Thong Speed I wrote about another new show I have discovered. Check me out if you have a chance, and I'd love to trade links if you are so inclined. I'm kind of the new kid on the block.

    http://thongspeed.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home