co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Why I can't work nights anymore...Part I

Sorry, I can't work Tuesday nights...


Earl (Jason Lee) has taken one too many wrong turns on the highway of life. However, a twist of fate turns his life into a tailspin of life-renewing events. Earl wins a small lottery, and, after an epiphany, is determined to transform his good fortune into a life-changing event as he sets out to right all the wrongs from his past.

For me, Jason Lee. (Hello!! If for nothing else, I covet him for
Almost Famous!!) For the fellas, a couple o' hot girls. (Jaime Pressly & Nadine Velasquez.) Premieres September 20.


Followed by....(drum roll, please!)

The return of:






The Office!! Also premiering Sept 20.






Tomorrow: Why I can't work Wednesday nights, either...

12 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 12:09 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    I love Jason Lee. Trying to ignore Scientology taking over his life in order to maintain the crush, but still loving him.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    WHAT?? He is going Scientologist? Oye...

    Well, looks like I probably won't be out tonight since my boss at the part-time non-profit gig didn't pay me yesterday as he promised. Ah, how fun...

     
  • At 3:20 PM, September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Steve Carrell (sp?) is an amazing talent.
    Wednesday nighta are reserved for LOST...I am so glad they pushed itback to 9pm so I can get home to watch it.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Ed said…

    Let's not forget the next season of "Lost" coming up!

    Seriously, why haven't I bought a TiVo yet?

     
  • At 3:36 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    YOU GUYS ARE RUINING TOMORROW'S POST! We're talking about Tuesday right now. ;)

     
  • At 4:11 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Poppy said…

    Did you hear me just scream at you? I am SO EXCITED FOR BOTH OF THESE SHOWS! I LOVE THE OFFICE. I LOVE JASON LEEE. I'M SCREAMING. Ahem. Okay, I'm okay.

     
  • At 4:49 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger aNON said…

    In the weeks when 'LOST' doesn't air any new episodes, I highly recommend America's Next Top Model. Same night, Same time.

    But don't pick it over 'LOST' because eventually VH1 will show you an entire season of ANTM in one day (preferrably one of those Sundays when Water, OTC crap and a Shot of whatever-you-were-drinking are all futile.

    Sorry, I'll still read tomorrow's post.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, MPL.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    LOL! Love ya, Chase!

     
  • At 11:55 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Jinxy said…

    It's O.K., Penny.

    Your mother and I forgive you.

    Just come home.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Kevin Smith loved the show!! He reviewed it on his blog:

    “Earl” is a great, original show, and both Lee and Ethan are fantastic in it. There’s a “Raising Arizona” flavor to it, and Lee is pitch-perfect in the single-camera show. Mercifully, there’s no laugh-track, so it plays like a feature, and the premise – Earl has over two hundred mistakes he has to make up for in order to balance his karma – is such that if the critical gods keep smiling down (or up) at the show, it’ll run for years. This is one time you can believe the hype; even without my boys on the marquee, I’d still think this is the best sitcom I’ve seen since “Seinfeld”.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Jinxy--What?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home