co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Oh Fu*%!!! Part Two


Bush Nominates Roberts as Chief Justice

"Surry I cain't lookya in the, the, the, the eye, John. Gotta make sher I can connectimate my hand tuh yers."

By the way, are any of the other justices pissed that someone not even confirmed yet is up for the biggest post?

21 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 1:22 PM, September 05, 2005, Blogger A Unique Alias said…

    WHAT?!? That's CRAZY.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, September 05, 2005, Blogger DCSportsChick said…

    I guess we should be temporarily relieved that Scalia wasn't nominated for Chief Justice? Not that Roberts is much better, but Scalia is just plain scary.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, September 05, 2005, Blogger Poppy said…

    Oh, Miss Penny, you just helped me have a good, long chuckle. :)

     
  • At 10:17 PM, September 05, 2005, Blogger cs said…

    Scalia's superior intellect? The same guy who sees "angels" around him? In another country the guy's a mullah.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, September 06, 2005, Blogger GwenMarieDC said…

    That's what I thought too, shouldn't they be pissed, but I found out from a Supreme Court expert that historically, associate judges are not elevated to Chief Justice, but rather new ones are nominated. Rehnquist was only the 5th associate elevated to Chief in the history of the court.

    Regardless...aren't we screwed? Another reason to move to Canada...

    Smooches

     
  • At 12:00 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    THANKS, P-in-P. I couldn't find any info on that!

     
  • At 2:26 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger cs said…

    Keep in mind that there have only been 16 Chief Justices. 5 out of 16 isn't exactly a rarity, although it is not the ordinary.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger cs said…

    What I'm finding through google actually is that Rehnquist was only the third to be elevated from associate justice, so it is rarer than 5 in 16.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    They need Clarence Thomas to get that party started..."Pantless Fridays" will be the next big thing on the bench. (huh huh - I said 'big thing')

     
  • At 3:42 PM, September 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think now is the time for me to start looking outside of the states for a place to live. The U.S. seems to be going straight to hell!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    Chase - don't give up hope yet. Even if you disagree with all that's going on, the U.S. is still be best place on earth to live.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, September 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    True dat, Phil.
    Maybe I will just take an extended break in Europe eating lots of great food and drinking. Anyone want to join me?

     
  • At 4:44 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said…

    Phil, get the parte' started...when are you coming to DC?

     
  • At 5:38 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    2008?......

     
  • At 7:45 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Not
    soon
    enough

     
  • At 12:52 AM, September 07, 2005, Blogger Siryn said…

    Let's not forget one thing: the Chief Justice's vote doesn't weigh any more than the others.

    While Roberts may not be as openly conservative as Scalia, he may be a decent bridge to keep the Court in a practical center.

    I'll keep the jury out until we get to see how he reasons.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, September 07, 2005, Blogger Johnny said…

    You know its only a matter of time before the republicans repeal Roe v Wade... and from there its just a clear shot to overturning women's suffrage.

    :(

     
  • At 9:27 AM, September 07, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    I think roe v wade will ever be repealed.

    I should run for President. I know you all would vote for me ;).

    MPL, go check out my repsonse on Cookie's blog.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, September 07, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    "don't" think, I meant to say.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, September 07, 2005, Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said…

    Phil, I bet you are good at catching dogs. You got my vote!

     
  • At 3:50 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Mistake Master said…

    let's remember that a lot of the apointed justices didn't bring their precieved political bias with them to the bench. Roberts is smart, no doubt about it. The question I'm interested in finding out is how evil he really is. He looks like Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest.
    No that that is necessarily a bad thing.
    As for leaving the country, do you really think you can run away from the Empire?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home