co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

I Ain't Dead Yet, Muther Fucka!

Peace out, man, and thanks for the years of groundbreaking, outstanding wit and hilarity.

Richard Pryor: 1940-2005

9 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 3:08 PM, December 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He was on of the funniest comedians ever! You will be missed Richard Pryor.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    One of my favorite memories was going on a church retreat in jr. high, where Bon & I secretly listened to "Live on Sunset Strip" after lights-out, much to the chagrin of our other highly religious roommate who in all likelihood was praying for God to take him into heaven so he wouldn't have to listen to us rewind Richard Pryor saying "F-- you!" over and over.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, December 13, 2005, Blogger cs said…

    Phil that is hilarious.

    I remember Richard Pryor's role in The Muppet Movie as the balloon salesman. When he told Gonzo to "Take the whole fucking bunch, fuck yeah, it'll drive her wild," I nearly pissed myself. Of course, they edited out the blue routine he and Bob Hope ad libbed...

     
  • At 10:15 AM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Drew said…

    Absolute greatness indeed. Be sure and check out the Comedy Central special on him. Ran Tuesday night, but I'm sure they'll repeat it.

     
  • At 12:24 PM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Someone whose humor most definitely stemmed from his personal pain.

     
  • At 9:56 PM, December 30, 2005, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Miss Penny:

    I've already changed avatars since you posted this, and I'll be changing again on Sunday. Happy New Year...wherever you are.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, December 31, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    I'll be back soon, I promise, but once I do, I will not be updating as often as I once did. More on that (as I said) soon.

    xoxo,

    MPL

     
  • At 1:41 PM, January 10, 2006, Blogger Phil said…

    Come back, Penny!

     
  • At 10:18 AM, January 16, 2006, Blogger kris said…

    Wish you were here, MPL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home