co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Let It Snow!

I took this photo through the screen window a few minutes ago. Maybe I'll venture outside for a better shot once (make that if) we accumulate more. This is DC's first snow of the season, so watch out because each time we get snow, DC acts as though we have never seen snow here: the markets are sold out of water, people drive 5 miles an hour, and schools cancel classes for the next week and a half... As usual, I am sure this will be "all bark and no bite."

13 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 5:26 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Poppy said…

    purty :)

    Snow is so beautiful! I just wish it wasn't so damn cold and dangerous...

     
  • At 5:35 PM, December 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so not ready for this weather!

     
  • At 11:37 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Go buy a red mink muffler and GET READY, Miss Chase. :)

    It is very pretty. I love snow.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    Is DC the same as Ga? If there is the hint of snow coming, the local news channels urge everyone to go into lockdown before the cannibalism starts and utter chaos ensues.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger cs said…

    Cannibalism. Excellent, Phil. The worst snow in DC I ever experienced was back in 1996 -- it snowed and snowed and the Barry Restoration administration did nothing to clear the roads. It's the only time I've ever been snowbound in my life (in western PA we used things called snowplows to clear the roads almost immediately)...people were cross country skiing on 18th Street.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Kim said…

    Here's the nail and here's the head. You hit it right on target.

    Why can't people here drive when it's snowing?! The roads were clear and some guy playing grandma makes me late for work this morning.

    And don't get me started on the school's opening late. When I was a kid...

     
  • At 12:08 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Dop T said…

    I remember the '96 storm. The biggest one I had ever seen. I lived on the Hill and worked downtown. I metroed to work and was the ONLY person there. Then walked to JRs where it was packed. Amazing how people cant make it to work but every bar is full during a snowstorm.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    ::sheds tear of joy::

    I'm sad it's already gone...

     
  • At 2:15 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger A Unique Alias said…

    I've got my fingers crossed for tonight!

     
  • At 2:43 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    Oh-oh. Unique have you purchased all the available water within the DC city limits? Bread? And if you don't go out right now and buy a 5,000 gallon diesel generator, you will surely die within the coming days.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger A Unique Alias said…

    Phil: Cracka please! I done spent two summers and three winters in Alaska. That's like five summers and twenty winters down here!

     
  • At 4:12 PM, December 09, 2005, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    ::snapping fingers at Miss Penny to stop looking out the window and come back to her blog:::

     
  • At 11:40 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger NotCarrie said…

    Ha, you are so right about DC and snow....now, a week later it's really coming down though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home