co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

UGG-ly!!

UGGly
So, it is that time of year again. The weather is getting cooler, and the UGGs have emerged from the back of the closet. Then again, there are some girls who wore them through the spring and summer months with bare legs and mini-skirts, but I won't even go there. UGGs are so freakin' UGGly, girls, and the scraping sound they make on pavement only adds to how annoying they are (pick. up. your. feet!). UGGs are a perfect example of how once a celeb wears something, it becomes super trendy, even though they are super UGG-ly and super expensive... This is one trend I just don't understand. Can anyone explain it to me?!

17 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 4:41 PM, November 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you on this one! I never thought Uggs were cute.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, November 01, 2005, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    I would never wear them because I view them as grotesque footwear. Part of their appeal, however, is in gaining that waif-like appearance that an oversized sweater with sleeves that come down over the bulk of your hand provides. Nicole Ritchie puts these leaden things on her feet and masses wonder how her frail self can even lift a leg to move. I could write volumes on the whole infantilism orphan effect, but go click on any photograph of Mary- Kate Olson, and you'll get the drift.

    P.S. Ditto on those oversized sunglasses they are all wearing...same thing.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, November 01, 2005, Blogger Me! said…

    Washington Cube is basically right on Target with this one. I think the skinny girls feel more petite in them. God forbid a big girl walk outside in them. She'd look like The Abboninal(sp) Snowman. Uggs are horribly ugly shoes. They originated in Australia and they consider them more like house shoes which is pretty funny. People are paying hundreds of dollars for house shoes. I don't get it. Have you seen the furry ones??? Payless has a knockoff of them on their site with grey fake fur! They look like Chewbacca feet. People need to wake up and realize that celebrites are probably just shitting with us and wondering if we'll fall for it. They're probably sitting at some A-list party thinking shit up like this to be funny.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, November 01, 2005, Blogger Dop T said…

    I read today that Paris Hilton gets alot of flack from PETA for wearing hers. And who wants to have anything in common with Paris Hilton??? Toss 'em!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, November 02, 2005, Blogger Bat said…

    you are so right -- I just love to see them with shorts.... I'll have to find some pics and post them on the fashion police blog

     
  • At 8:20 AM, November 02, 2005, Blogger I-66 said…

    I've yet to find a shred of attractiveness about them...

     
  • At 9:22 AM, November 02, 2005, Blogger A Unique Alias said…

    I concur. I can't speak for all men, but I can speak for myself.

    Ladies: In Uggs, you look like Napoleon Dynamite.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, November 02, 2005, Blogger ikins said…

    I actually think it's how celebs like Nicole Ritchie lose the wait. When they're not doing lines of coke and refusing to eat anything, they're dragging around this giant boots on their feet.
    I saw we find all Uggs and burn them to keep warm this winter!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, November 02, 2005, Blogger Ed said…

    The whole women and shoe thing I just don't get. UGG was just the basest manifestation of the sheep/shoe mentality.

     
  • At 1:04 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger Crazy Girl City said…

    I don't care for the Uggs footwear, however, I will confess to owning an Uggs messenger bag/purse that I love. I only use that in the winter months though. I am also jumping on the over-sized sunglasses bandwagon. I love em.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    I don't have anything against the clogs or the handbags, just the boots. Besides the fact that the only person that can get away with them is Elle MacPherson, they make feet sweat like crazy, so I know they can't SMELL all that good, either!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, November 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Dudley said it best, people!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger kris said…

    I JUST saw a chick with these on WITH A MINISKIRT on the Hill. Is it not 50 degrees out tonight?

     
  • At 11:22 PM, November 03, 2005, Blogger Drew said…

    Does anyone realize that no one in Australia even wears these things. How classic is it that my Australian fiancee in Dallas (for the next three weeks until we move to Melbourne) comments how stupid Americans are for wearing these things...

     
  • At 1:59 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Especially here where it snows, what, twice a year?? I might wear them in Canada, under a pair of snowpants...

     
  • At 3:22 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    And on you, Cookie, that would be hot.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Tara said…

    Interesting, because in Australia, where UGGS originated, it is a strictly trailer-trash accessory. Yes, I loved living in Calif. and seeing the girls wear booty shorts and Uggs. If I never saw a pair of Uggs again, I'd die happy. As well as never seeing a stupid mini-backpack either. Let them go!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home