co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Monday, October 17, 2005

...and the award for worst etiquette of the week goes to...

(drumroll please....) Paris Hilton!!


Paris has auctioned off her $4.8 million engagement ring from her ex-fiance Paris Latsis for the victims of Hurricane Katrina, according to the Daily Star. The winning bidder got a bargain for the ring at less than half the price Latsis paid for it.

OK, ladies, there are rules (and laws, actually), and here they are:

**If an engagement breaks off, the ring goes back to the guy (assuming he bought
it to begin with).
**If ya get married and then split up, the ring stays with the girl.

Although it is a nice gesture to donate the funds, it isn't her ring! I am sure Paris L. is mighty pissed at Paris H. right about now...

16 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 2:17 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Mamma Bear said…

    Tacky! Nice, but tacky. My brother who moved in with me over 4th of July weekend broke up with his fiance. She kept the ring and the money they had saved together. After a few weeks, she did decide to give the ring back (since he was still paying on it.) Whether it was my fault or his, I would never want to see the ring ever again to remind me of the failed relationship.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, October 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's for a good cause and all...but still kind of jacked up. I agree, if the engagmentis off the guy gets the ring back.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Dop T said…

    And she calls herself "the closest thing to American Royalty". Yeesh!

     
  • At 6:52 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Apparently, he really is pissed. 4.8 is a lot o' fuckin' money, no matter how rich you are!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger JJ said…

    I just can't believe Paris(chick) was thinking about charity. Maybe she's just doing it to piss off Paris(dude).

    "Take that you rich fucker. I'm giving this shit to charity! Boo-yah!"
    "Nooooo!!! Not charity!"

     
  • At 11:57 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Siryn said…

    That Paris (H)... ever the KlAsSy one.

     
  • At 6:52 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said…

    but but Penny, the Chef was the winning bidder!

     
  • At 9:15 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    Dop, if she means "being rich for doing absolutely nothing", then she's right.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Mel said…

    Let's just hope that Paris L. told her she could KEEP the ring... yeah, I don't think that happened. HE should have been the one to auction it off for charity.

    Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving the supportive comment. And, I'm glad you posted the "rules"... now I can stop worring about if I have to give my ring back to Hubby!

     
  • At 11:44 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger VP of Dior said…

    I'm sure Man Paris could care less about the ring. He's got many coming out of his baklava. And who else could he give the ring too? It's an expensive ring, but I wouldn't want Girl Paris's hand me downs.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    CatCiao--

    The Chef actually made some remark last night that was along those lines. You guys, so funny (NOT).

     
  • At 5:20 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Pagan Marbury said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:08 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger DCSportsChick said…

    Amen, sister- when I broke off an engagement, I returned the ring. Why would I want to keep it?

    Those Parises, crazy as usual...

     
  • At 7:51 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger The Single One said…

    i heard that she asked him and he wanted her to keep it... i think she broke his little heart.

     
  • At 8:59 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Pagan Marbury said…

    I can't find the link, but I read that he wanted her to keep it. He said something like, "She earned it," which can be taken as a slam against her, or maybe as an acknowledgement that he had wronged her in some way. No one knows what goes on within a relationship.

    Plus, $4.5 mil is NOTHING to those people, so this is really a non-issue. He doesn't need it back, and she really doesn't need to keep it- I think she found a great way to handle the situation. Go Paris!

    I'll be blogging soon about my philosophy on engagement rings.

    Girls this turn in your favor, so tune into my blog Thong Speed later this week.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Of course the ring always go back, and I hate that tacky pink nail lacquer on her fingers. Isn't it nice to know she wears size 11 shoes? Me-OW.

    Washington Cube Was Here. #397

     

Post a Comment

<< Home