co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Newest MOT

We all know that the trend to become Jewish started with me. Madonna and Kabbalah*? All me! (And it just spiraled from there to Demi and Ashton, Mick Jagger, David Beckham, and a few others who asked to remain nameless.) Well, the newest MOT (Member of the Tribe) is the other half of yesterday's dumb-and-dumber, Nicole Richie! She is considering converting to Judaism for her fiance, Adam Goldstein (DJ AM). She is also considering having her tats removed since they are "frowned upon" by Judaism (only within the very observant sects, though).

I actually like Nicole Richie. I like how she started dating Adam when he was
really fat and not-so-cute (I don't think that makes her heroic, I just think it shows that she's more human than her shallow cohort). They are now a really hot couple, and I think they will make it (check back in about 2 1/2 years).

So, what is it about this whole
trend with Kabbalah? Kabbalah (which comes from a Hebrew word that means "reception") is mystical teachings that deal with the ideas of creation and concepts of a spiritual nature. *Kaballah is not a religious practice, per se, so Nicole's conversion is much more official and requires a huge amount of studying and dedication.

11 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 4:41 PM, October 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like Nicole, too. I think she is a lot more "normal" than Paris.
    However, I think she looked a little better when she had more weight on her. But it's really cool that she saw through DJ AM's size and saw the man and dated him when he wasn't at his best. Now that is true love. She just when up in my book!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Yeah, she could stand to put on a few ell-bees, which I am sure she will soon enough. No one can stay that skinny for long (believe me).

     
  • At 4:50 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Her bra HAS to be stuffed in that Bongo picture.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    True, Cookie. She looks more like Pamela Anderson than herself in that photo! (But I like it...)

     
  • At 4:56 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    So do I. She's so photogenic.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Wicketywack said…

    That's hilarious.

    My wife went through a phase where she wanted to be jewish. Not for the spiritual part, but because they're all so urban and intellectual.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Honey, "all that fasting" is ONE DAY, that's all (dinner to dinner). Maybe you're thinking of the Muslim Ramadan, which is a month of only eating between sunset and sunrise.

     
  • At 1:40 AM, October 19, 2005, Blogger Dop T said…

    Fifteen years ago I wrote a "Jewish Lullaby" to the tune of "Papa's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird". I need to send it to you!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Phil said…

    Doesn't this make you mad in any way? These loser Hollywood morons who are treating Judiasm like it was the latest Louis Vuitton purse? I mean, it'd be one thing if they were truly sincere, but you know good and well they are not. This is some "self-help" fix for their messed up lives...and also to make them look "introspective" about life...give me a break! - it drives me nuts.

     
  • At 11:46 AM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said…

    I feel like I really know Nicole and all I have to do is meet her and she will fall for me. Does anyone have her address or know a PI that can help me get to her?

     
  • At 10:46 AM, October 24, 2005, Blogger VP of Dior said…

    I agree that celebrities treat Kabbalah as some kind of self-help mantra, instead of viewing it as a mystical teaching guide.

    But if she is fully converting, more power to her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home