co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Chris Penn Found Dead in His Home


Chris Penn was only 43 years old (although some reports say 40) and there were no immediate signs of foul play. Hmmm...he was an awfully large man, so maybe he had health problems. We all know him from Footloose and True Romance, as well as Reservoir Dogs and Mulholland Falls. He was recently on an episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," which is where I really noticed how bloated and unhealthy he looked (weight, complexion, etc).

Well, condolences go out to his brothers Sean and Michael, as well as the rest of the family.

8 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 12:22 PM, January 25, 2006, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    You're only coming back to give us bad news, Miss Penny? I want to hear happy Penny things.

    Do you know what the best movie I ever saw Chris Penn in? The Funeral. A 1996 movie he made with Christopher Walken.

    How sad for his family. How sad for his brothers. This kind of thing leaves a hole in your life that never heals. So young.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, January 25, 2006, Blogger Poppy said…

    Heart disease, or the like. Huh. When I did not know of his weight gain I guessed the usual "drugs" but seeing a recent photo makes it clear. Sad.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, January 26, 2006, Blogger Phil said…

    I wouldnt rule it out, Poppy. After all, Chris Farley was overweight, but drugs pushed him over the edge.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Ditto John Belushi.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, January 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was shocked by this as well. I really enjoyed Chris Penn as an actor. He made interesting choices.
    I hope it wasn't drugs. When will people learn.

     
  • At 4:31 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger kris said…

    I really liked him and feel awful about his death. Worse, I feel awful that they keep calling him "Sean Penn's brother" in every headline.

    I'd hate for my headlines to read like that.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Penny? You have got to stop leaving these obituaries hanging out there forever. Too, too depressing.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, February 07, 2006, Blogger Dop T said…

    MPL - I was 39 when I had a heart attack and diagnosed with extremely high blood pressure - neither of which had any symptoms. Death can creep up on you and silently get you. Sad to say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home