co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Absinthe Makes the Heart....

Once Upon a Time....the Cool Kid (photo near end) and my honey bunny met me after work for a lovely dinner at Pizzeria Paradiso. After good eats and a Three Philosophers, I was ready to take the big, digestive walk up the hill to our home. As we approached the infamous Dixie Liquor, we saw a chalkboard announcing that an Absinthe tasting a few days later. Well! My honey bunny is pretty obsessed with absinthe, so to hell with waiting a few days--we stopped in right away! Lo and behold they already had a coupla bottles of Lucid in stock, so we came home with one of them. Mmmm, within no time I was seeing little green fairies and swinging from a trapeze in the Moulin Rouge. OK, not really, but we do love us some Absinthe. Give it a try sometime...but don't mix with prescription meds or heavy machinery.

Pour 4 ounces over a cube of sugar (preferably
sugar-in-the-raw, but if you're not as classy as Mr Fancy Pants, then regular sugar cubes will do) into a glass with a cube of ice. Then add equal parts of quality H2O. Then blog about your experiences....




So, here are some pics from Easter (my first in 30+ yrs.). I am so effing lucky to
h
ave the best in-laws EVER.
xoxox,

MPL









0 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

Post a Comment

<< Home