co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Grease Lightening!

I remember seeing Grease in the theatre on opening night. It was mid-June and I had just turned 7. My dad, brother, and I sat close to the front row near the middle of the aisle; I was riveted from the opening scene. It was amazing. I bought the soundtrack (a double LP) and for years after would play out scenes from the movie in my bedroom. Sometimes I would put on a black leotard, pull the shoulders down to mid-biceps, and shove stuffed animals in my chest to make boobs, emulating Sandy's outfit at the fun-house.

I had an invitation from KB on Facebook to take a quiz on Grease. This quiz was tough, and I was sure I had gotten several wrong. Lo & behold, I got 100%! That was my proudest moment of the week.
The show "quarterlife" is a-ma-zing. I was crushed to hear that it was already cancelled. It is such a sad world when "Survivor" lasts 20 seasons, but a show as intelligent and groundbreaking as "quarterlife" can't make it a whole season. I can't even begin the describe this show, you just have to see it and read about it. Follow the link to the Web site.

xoxo,
MPL


0 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

Post a Comment

<< Home