co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sometimes I like the feeling of sand in my hair...

(Updated 3/13)
As usual, I turned on the TV right when I walked in the door after work; but
not as usual, I decided to watch Katie Couric and the CBS Evening News instead of TMZ. Wow. Now I am depressed. Who knew that bread prices are up 17%? Americans spend $3 billion on bread each year--this is huge! Demand for wheat is up, droughts keep production down, fuel prices are hiking up the costs even more! I mean a box of spaghetti is, like, 30 cents more than it was last year. American families are feeling the pressure on their wallets. (So much for low carbs!) Oh, and fuel is at an all time high! I used to buy my gas for 99 cents at the Citgo (now a Hess or something) on the corner of Fairfax Drive and Wilson Blvd. That was 1998--not THAT long ago. Now it is $3.53. I mean, come on! That's a HUGE difference in less than 10 yrs! And people just sit in their cars wasting gas. The bus ain't SO bad, folks (it provides me with great stories). Oy...and then we start hearing about the war...12 soldiers dead in 3 days--the deadliest it's been in a while. I am riveted, but I am sad. Very sad.

And there's this headline, which just RUINED. MY. LIFE:

Oral Sex And Pot Linked To Cancer

WTF??!! The gods are punishing us. (Or, as my friend, LB, said: "At least we'll die happy!" No wonder I've kept her around for 26 years!)


Voila, a story about Shea Megale, a 12 year old girl who wrote a children's book about her assistance dog. She is darling, and the book is so cute. Check out her website.

Thanks, Katie Couric, for ending on a high note so I can go back to keeping my head in the sand.

xoxo,
MPL

0 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

Post a Comment

<< Home