co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Best Show You're Not Watching...

I am a huge fan of The New Adventures of Old Christine. On a night when there is very, very little of any substance on TV, this show is a shining star. Even when I wasn't always the hugest fan of Seinfeld, I was always a fan of Julia Louis-Dreyfus'. I loved her first foray back into sitcom after Seinfeld, Watching Ellie; I knew it wouldn't make it...it was just too good.

I am afraid for Old Christine, too! Even though JLD won an Emmy for her role and the show is highly regarded, nothing can save a program except advertising dollars, which come from ratings. So, all you people with a Nielsen box, start watching!

Speaking of Nielsen boxes, remember that episode of All-American Girl, Margaret Cho's first sitcom? Her family was selected to have a Nielsen box, and they never left the couch--they felt so much pressure to keep shows alive. It was hilarious. Speaking of Margaret Cho, luh-her! She was on Chelsea Handler last night (luh-her, too!), and it turns out that Margaret will be in DC on APRIL 10th!! I've seen her twice before, and she is fantastic! And now she finally has an all-new show. So, who wants to go??

P.S. A dingo ate your baby...

UPDATE! 9:18 p.m.: My friend Iwonka says she's stopping by for a glass of wine and a cigarette. She says she must leave by 10:30. Whom amongst us is brave enough to place a wager on when she'll leave? Midnight? Eleven? I shall let you know, young grasshoppers!

0 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

Post a Comment

<< Home