co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Well, smack my ass and call me Judy!

Last Thursday, I went to DC dot gov to file a service request for some potholes on Connecticut Ave to be fixed. Actually, there was one small pothole; the real problem was that there were loose manhole covers and a big steel plate, so when busses or trucks drive over them (which is every minute) the noise is like an explosion (no joke) right outside our bedroom window.

This morning, I woke up to the sound of jackhammers right outside my window. Really nice thing to wake up to after last night's wine binge... Anyway, turns out that the manhole covers are being fixed and the big steel plate is being tarred to the ground as we speak!! My service request is marked as "Closed." I am seriously shocked. Now let's just hope that their work actually makes the noise stop (haven't heard anything yet!!).


If it is going to be this easy, DC next needs to make online forms available for better schools and less crime...

7 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

Post a Comment

<< Home