co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Oy, and here I was thinking that *I* am getting old!

Happy 5766 to my friends and family! Oh, and check out this spoof on American Idol.

Tonight, I will be trekking up to my father's congregation in Columbia. Ah, the joys of being a rabbi's daughter. Since I am a cultural, not religious, Jew, Rosh HaShanah (literally "head of the year") and Yom Kippur are the only times of year I go to synagogue. This is the time of year when Jews traditionally make resolutions for the upcoming year, so I just realized that I'm gonna have to come up with some things ASAP. Help!

5 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 4:36 PM, October 03, 2005, Blogger kris said…

    Can you please resolve not to outdo us other bloggers with the hilarity that was your last post? ;) (Or at least share your material?)

     
  • At 7:54 PM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Poppy said…

    The sun has set, so perhaps too late, but I am going to suggest that you resolve to do one nice thing for someone else each day. :) Someone you don't know, someone you do know - doesn't matter, goodness comes to those who give goodness to others.

    (And no, I'm not a Bible thumper...)

     
  • At 6:07 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger Poppy said…

    Shana Tovah! I finally looked at the Shova Idol link. :)

     
  • At 10:54 AM, October 05, 2005, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    Thanks, Sean--as you see, I deleted that other post. LOL! ;)

    My first resolution is to lose 13 pounds before The Chef can lose 20. It's a race to the thinnest, baby!!

     
  • At 7:09 AM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Apples and honey to you, Miss Penny, for a sweet New Year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home