co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hooked On Bravo and Other Reality Crap...

Let’s talk about Dr. 90210. Ew! After watching some of these surgeries, I can’t believe I ever let myself go voluntarily under the knife. I had a breast reduction when I was 23, when none of these makeover shows were anywhere to be found (if they had been, who knows if I woulda let myself be a subject…I was 23, so maybe, but if it were now, NO). I needed my surgery for non-cosmetic reasons, and I am so glad I did it, but I don’t think I would ever go under the knife voluntarily again. The episode I watched today was an old one, but I am catching up on all the shows now that we have cable (yea!).

OK…I am turning 35 in a couple of days (holy hell), and I can’t believe that
this woman is my age. She looks like a 48-year-old plastic surgery junkie, not a 35-year-old plastic surgery junkie. She’d look so much more her (our) age if she’d never had anything done. Then there were these two sisters, one fat one thin. The large, older sister seemed, at 24, to have given up all hope that she would lose weight naturally, even though she had been thinner only five years before, and went right for the lipo on her chin and stomach (she should’ve gone for the arms while she was at it). Anyway… the 17 year old said “I really like my new boobs. They’re cute.” Girl—they are HUGE! And you are just 17! Who are these parents? Who are these doctors?

Anyway, I am so into the cable reality shows:
Blow Out, Real Housewives of Orange County, Top Chef, The Next Food Network Star, Project Runway (although over and decided, but brings me to Project Jay).

Is there a
12-Step program for me????

By the way, how does the new law in DC affect me? Aren’t most of the places I smoke already bars or nightclubs, or places where I sit at the bar and smoke? I am sure
Rock Creek Rambler and AUA know…

3 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 1:21 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger A Unique Alias said…

    Erm. Yes, so Bars and Nightclubs will be okay for cigarettes until 01/07. Restaurants are no smoking effective immediately.

    Argh.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Phil said…

    Dr 90210 disgusts me.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, April 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think anyone should have plastic surgery under the age of 25 unless it absolutely needed for health reasons. I mean seriously, some of these people (esp. women) do not need the procedures...they need a therapist to help them accept and appreciate themselves.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home