co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Maybe Not So Smart (Part One)

Preface to this post:
    My sister is almost 11 years my junior, but she was well worth the wait. We have 3 brothers, all of whom are older than me so, obviously, much older than she; therefore, you can understand how delighted I was at the unexpected arrival of a girl-baby after years of noogies, quarterback sacks on hardwood floors, exclusion from goings-on in the attic, and incessant teasing. Anyway, that's the ode to my sis, the rest is the real post...

Several years ago, my sister bought me Gap Body underoos. (Sorry, but I can't bring myself to use/say the word panties--I guess it is just one of those Miss Penny Lane things!) The 'roos are of the "day of the week" variety, but as opposed to having the actual days of the week printed on them (a la When Harry Met Sally), these have encouraging statements. Examples of which are:

    I am beautiful
    I am creative
    I am inspirational
    I am funny
    I am (Oye...why can't I remember and/or find this one? Perhaps there were always just 6 pair, again a la
    When Harry Met Sally!)

This is the thing... About five times (probably more), I have discovered half. way. through. the. day! that the red-with-purple-trim pair of 'roos are on inside out!! I, otherwise, have never found that I've put my underoos on inside out.

The red-with-purple trim pair says:

    I am smart.

Apparently not so much...

5 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

Post a Comment

<< Home