co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Denial...

Several weeks ago a customer asked me:

"Why can't I find tapered jeans anywhere?"
It took every ounce of my being to not reply:
"Because they are hideous and it isn't 1985!"
Even though she was the most unfashionable woman ever, I am now forced to bite my tongue (which is something I hate to do) because today at work I heard a terrible, terrible rumor, which was then confirmed after coming home and checking my e-mail.




Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!


Brace yourselves:

"Skinny jeans" are coming back.















So, I am calling for all bloggers, boys and girls alike, to BOYCOTT THE SKINNY JEAN! I don't care if
Nicole, Jennifer, Charlize, Jake, Lindsay, Heath, or even Miss Kate sport the denim, or if Lucky, Seven, Paper Denim & Cloth, or True Religion makes them (I refuse to believe that my store would dare), JUST. DON'T. DO. IT! If this ugly and, more importantly, unflattering, "style" doesn't sell, it won't last! If we don't join forces and nip this (God-forbid) trend in the bud, we will be freaking pegging our flared jeans before we know it. Please, God, help us!

28 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 11:52 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Crazy Girl City said…

    I will gladly join you in boycotting this product.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Buffy said…

    Only wierdos wear skinny jeans.

    And I mean that.

     
  • At 6:31 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Rina said…

    i thought skinny jeans were for emo men

     
  • At 8:26 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger E :) said…

    I'm definitely joining the boycott. I thought skinny jeans died and were buried in the 80s. Obviously not buried deep enough...

     
  • At 10:25 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger alwswrite said…

    I'm afraid I have even worse news. This appeared in my inbox yesterday: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=15058&pid=390091

    I'm so, so sorry.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger cs said…

    I cannot wait to get my hands on a few pairs of those jeans. I only have one pair of skinny jeans left and I'm also running low on my acid-washed supply.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Miss Scarlet said…

    Yuck! VERY few people can pull these jeans off...ok, maybe none.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    I've got news for you, Miss Penny. They are baaaaccck. With cute striped nautical tops and skull accessories. :)

     
  • At 1:26 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Phil said…

    They will go well with my two polo shirts (worn at the same time of course).

     
  • At 3:07 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Crazy Girl City said…

    Ugh. I just spoke with a friend in LA. She said go to any "hip place" and they've got them on. This and bermuda shorts. Ick.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger DCSportsChick said…

    NOOOOOO!!!!

    LOL at the jean-pegging comment, though- ain't that the truth!

     
  • At 9:26 AM, April 26, 2006, Blogger The Lily said…

    Actually, the rumblings have been heard since the end of last year. I'd chosen to ignore them.

    Let's play "I Would Rather..."

    I would rather eat glass. I would rather wear gauchos. I would rather put my eyes out with a flaming hot poker. I would rather wear white shoes. I would rather wear polyester. I would rather sport turquoise jewelry.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I for one will NOT be wearing skinny jeans because well they are ugly and well...I don't (can't) wear anything with the word skinny in the name! ha ha

     
  • At 6:29 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Samantha said…

    Amen, sistah! I'm so no going there.

    Ever.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Phil said…

    I wonder why stores don't sell "Panama Jack" clothing anymore? That never went out of style..

     
  • At 5:12 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Dop T said…

    In order for me to wear skinny jeans, I would have to buy two pair and sew them together.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Lisa said…

    I feel your pain, sistah! However, I do have a little trick in my toolbox that will at least make the slaves to fashion look better. MBTs are the revolutionary new physiological footwear that will skinny out your legs and tush. It really stands for Masai Barefoot Technology but I prefer Mo' Better Tushy!
    Walk-n-Roll, Baby!

    On a side note, Thanks for introducing me to the whole blogger sign in concept from our lame Avodah blog! (Not that that is any of your fault! I blame everyone else for being so lame!) Check out my own...and let me know what you think.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Eww... I thought the crimped hair phase (luckily killed before it reached beyond the thirteen-year-old girl groups) was the worst that could come. Don't people realize that NOBODY LOOKS GOOD in them!? The only way they could be worse is if you had pleated skinny jeans...

     
  • At 5:53 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Next up: Miss Penny with mall bangs.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger K-Prime said…

    Fight the power! Tapered is a crime against nature!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, June 14, 2006, Blogger A said…

    So you ARE alive. I was beginning to wonder...

    And oh SWEET JESUS... why oh why are skinny jeans back? I absolutely refuse to go there!

     
  • At 11:47 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Me! said…

    OMG. This can't be true! As if my day wasn't bad enough. Now I have to look forward to stick thin women looking even more stick thin while I look like an elephant squeezed into a sausage. Please make it go away!!!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, June 28, 2006, Blogger TooMuchCoffeeLady said…

    Please.God.No.

    The fashion industry really will not sleep until everyone over 80 lbs feels like a fat, unattractive cow, will they?

     
  • At 3:44 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger nolatravelgirl said…

    skinny jeans suck. Everyone looks fab in boot cut jeans... I hope they never go out of style.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Alison Santighian said…

    Uh huh. They're everywhere. I tried a whole heck of a bunch of them on my last Jeans Search, in hopes that maybe I was missing something that was really cool.

    I wasn't.

    At all.

    They need to go away. With leggings.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, October 03, 2006, Blogger Malingering said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, October 03, 2006, Blogger Malingering said…

    i really hate to be the one to tell you this, but pegging is making a comeback

     
  • At 1:44 PM, April 18, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    And now, 4 years later, skinny jeans are still in style. I am really looking forward to the day they go away again. Why couldn't they just stay in the 80's?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home