co

Miss Penny Lane


I always tell the girls, never take it seriously.
If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.
Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun...
And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

3:50 to 4:00

Five days into my 2 weeks off. Cable TV and a packed bowl. Should I watch Match Game PM? Or maybe watch the verdict of the Savannah Debutante trial on CourtTV? Oh, but, alas, there is Dr. Phil with Sharon Osbourne, Ellen’s animal-filled American Express commercial, Gwen’s new video on MTV – oops, just a clip of Mrs. Gavin Rossdale cuz this is actually TRL with Nick Lachey’s honey and co-host Fantasia (does this chick suck helium? I will give her props for saying she wants to bring back the sound of Tina Turner, but damn her song Hood Boy sucks).

Match Game PM. Fannie Farmer, Richard Dawson, Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Riley, Betty White...classic TV. “I keep having this terrible dream that my boss is a dog and I am a BLANK.” Of course, she should say cat. Say cat! She said cat. Many of the stars said hydrant.

I flip past a repeat of Top Chef... although Padma Lakshmi is 100x better than Katie Lee Joel ever was, she is still pretty dry. The Indian beauty really needs to dress her age. Does she think she’s Jack Sparrow's long lost sister? She's married to Salman Rushdie, ya know... ew, ew, ew.


Score! It is 4:00, and Oprah is actually worth watching today: Will Smith is promoting The Pursuit of Happyness! I’m in tears already. Check ya later

3 Band Aides had a tale from the tour:

  • At 9:35 AM, December 15, 2006, Blogger Phil said…

    Match game was one of the best game shows ever, if anything because of the celebs.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, December 15, 2006, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said…

    My man has had to physically restrain me from ordering the DVD box set at 3 in the morning. Have you seen the show about Match Game? Fascinating....!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, December 24, 2006, Blogger Poppy said…

    MPL! Thanks for dropping a comment so I knew you were back! I'm shocked.

    I really enjoy Top Chef, and love Padma. I think the only reason she seems so dry is because they edit her that way, tell her what to say, and cut away if she deviates from the script to act like a real human being. She is so gorgeous that I get mesmerized by her if they show her for too long, so maybe that's another reason to make her appear lifeless. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home